It is true that São Paulo is a concrete jungle and one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world, but in the extreme north of the capital there’s still a preserved area of the Atlantic Forest, and for those who enjoy to be in touch with nature, Serra da Cantareira is an excellent tour option.
Serra da Cantareira is considered the largest urban forest in the world and it doesn’t lack activities for both adults and children. The site features a variety of ecotourism attractions, such as trekking, rappelling, rafting, climbing, hiking, waterfalls and cycling tours.
For those who seek good gastronomy and comfort, Serra da Cantareira has a variety of restaurants, inns and hotels. The restaurants specialties range from Japanese to Libanese, fondue to steakhouses
For those who will visit it, it is important to know that there are three visitation centers: Pedra Grande, Águas Claras, Engordador and Cabuçu. In all nuclei, trails and waterfalls can be enjoyed, however, it is interesting to look for trails, such as how long they are, and whether they are suitable for children. The visit to Serra da Cantareira allows visitors to have contact with all the biodiversity present in more than 7.916.52 hectares of Atlantic Forest. There are many species of plants and birds and if you are looking for a true oasis near São Paulo, Serra da Cantareira is the ideal place.
- Tours given in the following languages: Portuguese, English, French, Spanish and Italian.
- Departure time: 09:00 on weekends. Departure location to be given by the client.
- Lunch is not included in the price.
- Cost per person based on the number of tourists.
- Tour start time and location to be chosen by the client.
- Duration: 5 hrs. The tour starts the moment you enter the car.