The city of São Paulo is considered one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world, and this fact also reflects in the gastronomy of the land of drizzle, which is diversified, colorful and is made for all tastes. The city has more than 12,500 restaurants of 52 different nationalities, around 500 steakhouses, 250 Japanese restaurants and 15 thousand bars.
The Municipal Market is one of the gastronomic highlights of the city. It is a historical building located downtown and it is considered one of the most beautiful places of São Paulo. There are hundreds of stalls and you can find everything from exotic fruits, spices and fish to imported wines and olives. There are two options that have already become typical dishes of the city: the mortadella sandwich and the cod cake.
Another good gastronomic option is the Liberdade neighborhood, which is a piece of the east world in São Paulo. You will find different types of oriental food, such as guiozas and nikumanju, which is a steamed bread stuffed with chicken, beef, pork or vegetables. The famous Liberdade fair takes place there on weekends.
Brazilians from all over the country and immigrants from the world have left their gastronomic mark on the city. For those who are looking for renowned chefs, there are many options, which makes it hard to chose from. If you like gastronomy, São Paulo will surprise you.
- Tours given in the following languages: Portuguese, English, French, Spanish and Italian.
- Departure time: 09:00. Departure location to be given by the client.
- Lunch is not included in the price.
- Cost per person based on the number of tourists.
- Tour start time and location to be chosen by the client.
- Duration: 5 hrs. The tour starts the moment you enter the car.